St Michael Angel Estate Complaints Handling Policy
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients.
When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it.
This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Property Redress scheme (PRS) our membership number is PRS001037.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter/email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our manager, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. The manager them may then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. S/he will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within three days of the meeting, the manager will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions s/he has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the manager will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner …or… someone unconnected with the matter at the firm …or, for a sole practitioner to review his/her own decision …or… appropriate alternative such as review by another local Estate agent or mediation to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the
**Complaints must be in writing either via email or letter.